Playing around with the facial expressions.
Playing around with the facial expressions.
Face progress and little bit overpaint on top of the screenshots. I'm just still working on the hair
Before and after look on Character Creator. Basically, the screenshot on the left, is base mesh where I've started sculpting her face. I'm using xyz textures as a base. I'm still figuring out how to get a better picture quality on Character Creator. Looks like it's compressing all the textures, I guess for the performance.
Before I start with adding more details and changes, I wanted to play around with Character Creator and iClone to test out how everything is working. Amazing to see how easy it is to get from this very early stage, already to the lookdev and enjoy pretty much an unbreakable back-and-forth method. Just by couple mouse clicks, everything is automatically imported into the Character Creator scene and it works the same if you want to import your stuff back to Zbrush. Also, automatic weight painting works very nice and easy. However, it doesn't work well with very long dresses or skirts. I think it won't be a huge problem to fix the weights if the skirt was up to the knee height, but in my case, I should probably weight paint my skirt manually in Maya.
Important things to note:
When I tried to re-import the meshes from Zbrush to CC, all my clothing and the rig were broken. I guess it's because I initially imported the base body mesh from CC to Zbrush with the default A pose. Unfortunately, I think that default A pose makes it difficult for me to sculpt and/or simulate clothing on it. The arms are too straight. The legs and finger are too close to each other. So, I applied UE4_A_pose that you can find in CC's content library.
First thing first, if you want to GoZ another pose, you should probably use Layers in Zbrush. So, if you want to make any changes to the face and body later, you can always set back the default A_pose to re-import your character without breaking the rig.
Looks like there are so much more things to explore and I'm excited to play around after finishing the modeling and texturing stages. My next goals would be, to work further on my characters face and clothing. Then apply the xyz textures and use substance painter for texturing the clothes etc.
iClone animation test:
Hope you guys doing well! I'm participating a new challenge - 2020 CC Digital Human Contest. This is my work in progress. Never worked with this particular pipeline and I'm excited to try out a new workflow. Decided to give it a shot.
People call her - Black Arachne. She is a legendary huntress. Successfully liquidated the most challenging and secure targets. Some say, her mourning dress and a tender smile shows her enemy's, she still remembers everything. But who knows? Her true intentions remain hidden...
Got some time to work further on my personal project. Decided to get a better result on her head before I jump on her clothing. My main focus was replacing the hair cards to get more interesting flow. Created a hair cap for the shaved hair. For the rest, some small facial tweaks to achieve younger look.
After some clean up, I was tesing out the skin on Marmoset Toolbag. Will do some touch ups eventually when I'll have a bit more clear eyes.
My next goal will be polishing the hair cause I'm not very sastisfied with how it's looking right now. The hair has somewhere around 20k tris, so I guess, I have some room to play around.
Decided to try out the multi channel face textures from Textures.xyz
I've projected the multi channel textures by using R3DS Zwrap and baked them out with xNormal. Then, I've imported the displacement maps back to Zbrush and did a cleanup.
I tried out Mari to cleanup the diffuse map and planning to polish it further in Substance Painter.
Zwrap - projection looks pretty awesome!
RESHAPING THE SHIRT
Decided to step back to marvelous and re-simulate to create a bit more interesting folds for the shirt. After playing with it, I decided to adjust the pattern. I've noticed that I had several problems which made everything look a bit too messy:
- The garment in front and back of the shirt had different sizes.
- The shirt had unnecessary curved lines
Also I've learned the following tip:
- To make the clothes more lose or fitted adjust the patterns by using Shrinkage Weft and Wrap instead of resizing the pattern.